Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Legacy


When making major life decisions, like buying a house, one can really get caught up in the details. How big, floorplan, location, etc... but it all really comes back down to 'how will we live' in the location, will the floorplan enhance our lives, will the size facilitate our family's closeness and personal growth? Will we be close enough to amenities or far enough away to see the rolling hills while we drive to and from the amenities.

I read this post today while scrolling pictures, ideas & whatnot. It struck a cord. How will my kids remember me? will the see the profile of my face in the screen light of my laptop, or my smile directly looking at them, setting the media world to the side, just to get a goodmorning hug?

First things first. First things, must be first. There's only one chance. Regrets are such a burden. I don't want to spend my days, wishing, regretting.

Prayerfully, we press on in the decision where to live. But along the way, I want to live. Not to worry. To go confidentally. Looking them right in the eye, and riding the sled right down the hill of life with them.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't give up! It took us months longer than we thought when we went through this process, but patience proved to be a blessing. Almost every single piece of property we ALMOST bought has still remained undeveloped after nearly 9+ years because they all had issues. We love our property that God confirmed was just for us. And as for the kids, they won't remember what you think they will. I was sure I had ruined my children for life because whenever we got in the car during those years they would say "Pleeeeease, no more properly" which meant in 3 year old language, "Please don't make us go look at more property.". They don't remember any of this now, but they do remember the fun stuff (thank you, Jesus!).

Annesta said...

Ah, Laura, pass the kleenex box over to me! I am on the other side of where you are and your words hit a chord in my soul. You are a wise woman. May I just encourage you to remain on this same path and your children will" stand and bless her. Her husband praises her:" Proverbs 31:28.
It is a joy, an encouragement and a privilege to be your blogger/fb friend and to hold you in my prayers each day.
grace to you, my friend. Carry on...
~

homeschooldawn said...

So true...thanks for the good reminder. Praying for your house hunt.

Unknown said...

Me again! Let us know how things are going! And please share about your homesteading group! I'm dying to hear details - what you did? what you talked about? what your plans are for the group? I'll be writing a post about our group soon.

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...