Thursday, January 6, 2011

Diligently Seeking God ~ Daily




Last year one book I did commit to read was Diligently Seeking God by Gary Henry. It is an excellent sharply honed tool to guide one's thoughts to the greatness of God. In daily terms with daily entries, it pulls in thoughts from great thologians, while breaking down the daily issues of life. Real life.


So this year I decided I'd read through it again. No yearly reading is perfect. I'm sure I'll come across entries I missed, and read them with a new perspective. When I started last year, we hadn't moved. My proverbial 'cheese' was in the same place. Now there are new challenges, new blessings, new influences. But God is still exactly who He's always been. The Great 'I AM'. Never changing, always gracious, just in everyway, merciful in abundance.


Last year I also started counting blessings/gifts over at A Holy Experience, with a Gratitude Community. I have met some of the most beautiful women who show up on Monday with a list of what they've noticed as gifts & blessings in their lives. It's what I called 'daily meds.' Gratitude is an amazing way to notice the Giver. And it's all ultimately from Him. Everything that is good begins with Him. Every virtue, every kindness, every material gift. So once again, I will renew my effort to take note of my blessings. And join others at the Gratitude Community.

1 comment:

Annesta said...

A beautiful post Laura. I will check out the book on your recommendation. I have actually been praying over the memorizing of Colossians this year (from Ann's sight). I feel God nudging me to at least attempt this but I am fearful that I will not follow through.
Always love reading what you write!
blessings,
~a

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...