Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 1st


I was ready. December 1st has brought a welcomed relief from many things. Sickness, unseasonal warm weather, anticipation of our Jesse Tree. We actually did it. I'm so excited.
This year Ann Voskamp is offering her book as a download. I'm not sure if it's exactly the same as the published book, or more like a journal, but it includes, to my knowledge, the ornaments. Day 1~~ the reason we need Christ. Sin came into the world. We need a Savior.
December 1st brought a special 1st for me. My first red Cardinal sighting. Beautiful, just as God made him. Off to make some pinecone feeders.
If you are unfamiliar with Ann, this is one of my first encounters with the idea of counting 1000 gifts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I miss seeing cardinals. They were abundant in South TX, but living in CA... none. Such a unique creation of God and one I truly miss.

Praying your Advent season is rich in worship and love for the Lord and that it knits your boy's hearts to Him. You're giving them one of the bests gifts of the season by doing the Jesse Tree with them.

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...