Sunday, November 15, 2009

They Call Her 'The Chicken Whisperer'


If you know my brother's family you recognize the youngest of his 4, Hope. She is the beacon that her name describes, and a joy to all her know her. This is 'so Hope', an expression we hear often, because her personality is so distinct. She has been seen practicing her violin to an audience of her feathered friends, in their barn, as well as reading a book to the willing listener. Words don't cover it, but the picture is a start (yes, that is a hen in her arms). So I share with you a precious part of my life, Hope, enjoying her schooling at home, her chickens, her dogs, Cleburn & Scout, her sister's and Mom & Dad, missing her big brother while he's at school away from the beauty of the rural New York. (wish the picture was just a little larger, but she's still cute as a button.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how she plays her violin to her chickens! I'll have to tell Annie so she can go out and play her guitar for our girls!

Thanks for sharing - can't wait to read more of your blog!

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

How precious!! love it!

Must be the brother that I just heard about last night at worship "best preacher I've ever heard" I think were the words used!

Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

That is too cute! I was calling myself the chicken whisperer the other day...it was early morning and the girls were being SO LOUD. I just walked out the back door...put my hand on my hip...and stared at them. And they stopped. I told my husband, "I'm the chicken whisperer!" xo

Connie said...

This is something that I love to read and hear about. Down to 'earthy' type of stories and comments of a life that is full of love and sweet life. We should all take account of the beauty of our little angels on earth....time will pass us by in an alarming speed....hence.... we lose them in the blink of an eye.

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...