Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Decorating project -- Bead-board Wallpaper

Found this great idea today for plane-jane cabinets & your average unadorned odd wall. We recently had to do some serious maintenance on our old house, and this would be a great treatment for a wall that 'used-to' have a chair rail. Eric asked me, 'why don't we put the chair rail back up?... silly man. Chair rails are for dining rooms, not bedrooms. Well, I'm sure there are some applications, like capping off this project from Southern Hospitality, but that remains to be seen. I'm thinking a small shelf for a bedroom might be the ticket. Her chronicled instructions for this bead-board wall paper are great, escpecially when you aren't changing molding or trim. I'll be going back to this site for more thrifty ideas.

No comments:

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...